Nederland Community Presbyterian Church held its Annual Congregational Meeting on 29 January 2017. Here is a report of the business of the church that was accomplished there.
Call to Order — Hansen Wendlandt
- Quorum established, with 23 official members in attendance (and numerous friends of the church)
- Opened in prayer
- Discussion of the Minutes of the 2016 Annual & Summer Congregational Meetings
Receive Annual Reports
- Hansen offered a few highlights for 2016, including the highest number of vacation Bible school attendees ever, great garden, exciting worship with music…
- Hansen led the congregation in thanking outgoing Elders and Deacons (Bette Ventrella, Kathleen Henningsen, and Dennis Whalen)
- Nancy Waldron was offered for vote as a new Deacon. Hansen asked for any further nominations. None was received.
- Motion to approve Waldron as Deacon was made by Dennis Whalen, Second by Jim Reis; unanimous vote affirmative by membership.
- Will Ford was offered for vote as a new Elder for Cultural Engagement. BG Brooks was offered for vote as a new Elder for Fellowship. Hansen asked for any further nominations. None was received.
- Motion to approve Ford and Brooks was made by Marylou Harrison, Second by Kathleen Henningsen; unanimous vote affirmative by membership.
- Hansen asked for nominations for new Nominating Committee. He announced that member Tamara Haynes had volunteered. Fran Bauer offered herself for consideration. Unanimous vote affirmative by membership.
Review 2017 Budget
- Marylou Harrison presented highlights of budget materials, including a reminder of the church’s deficit of $44,000 as adopted in the 2016 Budget. She announced that entire deficit had been made up by the generous increased giving of church members and some additional large gifts.
- The 2017 Budget contains deficit spending, but at a $6,000 lower level than the 2016 adopted budget. In this budget, $17,000 in increase income is expected vs. $11,000 expected increased expenses in 2017.
- Hansen exited the room, to prepare for the vote on Pastor’s Terms of Call.
- Jim Reis presented the Terms of Call and asked for vote of the membership.
- Motion to approve the Pastor’s Terms of Call was made by Frank Lutz, Second by Dan Harrison; unanimous vote affirmative by membership.
- Hansen returned to the meeting.
Close in Prayer